Security requirements for modern IT systems are increasing and cannot be realised by constructive measures alone. More than 90 percent of all software security incidents are caused by attackers exploiting known security vulnerabilities. The majority of these are based on programming errors. Systematically dovetailing security testing activities with other life cycle activities in the software development process makes it possible to identify security gaps at an early stage and thus eliminate them cost-effectively.
Security tests throughout the software life cycle
The course teaches the general basics of security testing. Specific security testing methods, selection criteria for security testing techniques, the individual test steps and their role in the development cycle are explained. The course references established testing and security testing standards as well as the procedures and techniques described therein.
Your advantages at a glance
After the seminar you will be able to
- Apply basic safety testing methods
- Select basic security testing techniques
- Apply simple security testing measures in the software life cycle
This seminar offers you
- Systematic introduction to the basics of security testing
- Introduction to security testing techniques such as fuzzing, scanning etc.
- Systematic integration of security testing techniques with the activities of a software life cycle