Security requirements for modern IT systems are increasing and cannot be realised by constructive measures alone. More than 90 percent of all software security incidents are caused by attackers exploiting known security vulnerabilities. The majority of these are based on programming errors. By planning, monitoring, and executing systematic security testing processes, vulnerabilities can be comprehensively and traceably identified and remediated, and progress and completion can be measured and determined.
Security testing processes
The course teaches the general principles and structure of security testing processes. These are considered in the context of different application life cycle models. The concrete tasks in the different phases of the security testing process are analysed. Practical security tests are explained and carried out along the different phases. Some typical vulnerabilities and test methods are explained. The organisational framework conditions of security testing in the phases of the security testing process are also considered.
Your advantages at a glance
After the seminar you will be able to
- Plan security testing processes and the activities in their phases
- Select and apply basic methods for the activities in the individual phases of the security testing process
- Understand security testing processes in different application lifecycle models
This seminar offers you
- Systematic introduction to security testing processes
- Introduction to security testing techniques such as fuzzing and test evaluation
- Practical exercises for various activities in the phases of the security testing process such as planning, analysis, design, implementation, execution, and evaluation of security tests.